Skip to main content

Featured

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer

So this blog post is long overdue! RIHANNA! You have killed it, when it comes to this lipgloss!  Fenty Glossbomb lipgloss  I literally only wear this lipgloss! Such a gorgeous shade whether its over your natural lip colour, or on top of your favourite lipstick!  You literally can not go wrong with this lipgloss, I've bought this three times already it's that good! It's not sticky, it stays on, I don't find my lips are dry after using. It's super glossy and doesn't give you that 'I've just been eating greasy fried chicken' sheen, it's really lovely on nearly every lip shade I've witnessed this on. Not only is it a great product but it retails at £14.45 which is fantastic as you get a really good volume of product which is long lasting. I'm also a huge fan of the large doe foot applicator, which helps apply just the right amount of gloss to your lips. If you are yet to try this product out, do yourself a favour and get it now, you

Flesh & Bun



I went for dinner with some friends recently to Flesh & Bun.

My first thoughts were this is going to be interesting! I had no idea what to expect. 

The restaurant is based in Covent Garden. It's like entering a cave you go down the stairs into a dimly lit restaurant, it's very cosy. You have to make a booking and you have the table for 2 hours. 

We were greeted by a very friendly , smiley member of staff who after we told her it was her first time told us how it worked and how best to choose dishes. This was very helpful as it let us know how much food to expect and how much we needed to order as the menu could be easily mis-interpreted. 



We first ordered some drinks and some starters, I got BD Fruity (passion fruit, mint and orange juice) and my friends got Sweet Symphony (lychees, blueberries, raspberry syrup and fresh lemon) & orange juice, both were really nice and were nicely presented.


For starters we opted for soft shell crab (£9.50) and Korean fried wings (£5.80).

Jalepeño Mayo! Soo Yummy


The crab was very delicate in texture and tasted lovely I'm not sure how I feel about eating animal shell However I would recommend you try it as it is very nice the jalapeño Mayo is lovely.

I liked the taste of the wings they weren't too sticky, garnished with sesame seeds for presentation, they weren't hot at all as stated in the menu.

We ordered two buns each (£2 per bun) and for the meat we chose crispy duck leg (£13.50), salmon teriyaki (£14.50) and 1/2 young chicken (£13).


The buns are to die for!!! So soft and bouncy I'm a big fan of anything doughy or bread like and these are amazing if I could have these everyday instead of standard bread I would. They are steamed which gives their texture and they are super white! They came served in a traditional wicker steamer which kept the buns warm throughout the meal. 


When the 'flesh' came I was pleasantly surprised at how well presented it was . The chicken was very tender and zesty a lot of flavour was incorporated into outer skin of the chicken due to the spicy citrus miso, it came accompanied with pickled carrots which was in a sort of zesty dressing. 

The salmon came with some pickled cucumber. The salmon was very tenderly cooked not highly seasoned with soy sauces garnish ... 

The duck came with pickled beetroot, and a sour plum soy. My favourite was the duck as I really love duck, then the chicken and then the salmon we had a whole piece of chicken left over, I found the chicken a bit to zesty towards the end however that may have been due to a lack of buns at this point . Everything comes with salad the salad is free and you can get more if you run out, all very fresh and compliments the meal very nicely .

For desert after umming and ahhing we opted for the S'mores (£8) a lot of other guests were enjoying them so we thought we'd go with the majority and try them it was also interactive and novelty something I love when dining out.

I also wanted to try the Kinako Doughnuts.. maybe next time!


The s'mores consist of a huge marshmallow! Two brown biscuits and a generous sliver of green tea/ matcha chocolate. You heat the marshmallow over the burning coals and then sandwich the whole lot in between the biscuits and chocolate. It tastes really nice the chocolate isn't too strong as I don't like chocolate at all but this was ok I managed to eat half and my friend finished the rest if you have a sweet tooth this is the desert for you! I slightly burnt mine on the flames as you can see in the next picture ha!


This is a restaurant you should definitely try out I had a great experience here and I would definitely go again it is a bit pricey, e.g. The steak was really expensive I bet it was great though. But all in all it's worth a visit.

Comments

Popular Posts