Skip to main content

Featured

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer

So this blog post is long overdue! RIHANNA! You have killed it, when it comes to this lipgloss!  Fenty Glossbomb lipgloss  I literally only wear this lipgloss! Such a gorgeous shade whether its over your natural lip colour, or on top of your favourite lipstick!  You literally can not go wrong with this lipgloss, I've bought this three times already it's that good! It's not sticky, it stays on, I don't find my lips are dry after using. It's super glossy and doesn't give you that 'I've just been eating greasy fried chicken' sheen, it's really lovely on nearly every lip shade I've witnessed this on. Not only is it a great product but it retails at £14.45 which is fantastic as you get a really good volume of product which is long lasting. I'm also a huge fan of the large doe foot applicator, which helps apply just the right amount of gloss to your lips. If you are yet to try this product out, do yourself a favour and get it now, you

The Tanning Shop - Mystic Spray Tan


Yesterday I had my very first Spray Tan 🌞!

Now a lot of people would ask why do you need a spray tan, you're black. I'm quite fair in complexion, I've been told and often get mistaken as mixed race. 

For me getting a spray tan wasn't about enhancing my skin colour it was about having that "instant" flawless complexion to help smooth out my imperfections and make them less noticeable. 

I went to the Tanning Shop in London Bridge, to use the Mystic Tan Machine.
I've researched about spray tanning for years now in particularly Mystic Tan and I've always wanted to try it out.

I was greeted by a lovely member of staff who very throughly explained everything I needed to know about the spray tan and she advised me as to what shade I should go for. 

I went for intensity 3 and I'm really glad I did as I feel as though intensity 2 would be slightly too sheer for me, but perhaps fine with an added bronzer.

It's a really quick process. The staff placed the spray tan canister into the Mystic Tan Machine and then left me to prepare for the tan.


In order to prepare for the tan I put on a hair net exposing my ears and hairline. I then used barrier cream and applied this to my hands, nails , feet and toes. I forgot to add this to my knees and elbows but as I exfoliated really well before going this wasn't a problem.

I was provided with some sticky "slippers" to protect the underside of my feet from tan. I also removed all my makeup using some wipes the had there and then I was ready to go.

Inside the Mystic tan there are four silver places numbered 1-4 which you stand on to make sure you get an even application of tan.

There is also a green sensor button inside which you need to move your hand in front in order to activate the spray tan.

The machine will advise you where to stand (which numbers) and then count down from 3 before spraying. Once it's sprayed you it will advise you where to stand again and repeat the process again until you've gone round in a circle. 

It's a bit difficult to hear what the machines saying as the machine is spraying and it's quite loud inside due to the warm air blowing out.

Once it's finished spraying you can come out and remove the barrier cream from your hands and feet and then dab from your legs upwards any excess (I was relatively dry when I came out due to the warm air).

It takes 4-10 hours for the tan to develop. You're advised not to get wet or sweat for the first 6 hours so no showers until after this time. I went quite late so I showered in the morning in order to get the deepest colour from my tan.

After about 2 hours I could see the colour coming through especially in my face and stomach. I was really anxious on how the colour would come out especially on my face but I was pleasantly surprised with the result it's only slightly darker and not orange at all its a lovely sun kissed colour. 

The next morning after showering I was a much darker but not drastically, I would say I'd prefer not to have as much colour on my face, the face take the tan really well and so does the torso I think I'd need many more layers of tan however to cover up my blemishes significantly.

From around 99p you can add, a fragrance, Bronzer or enhancer to your spray tan if there was a specific look you were going for. I opted against this as this was my first time and I wanted to see how I felt about the tan by itself. I think next time I might try a bronzer just to see if I like it ( and cover my face), but I'm not too fussed about the fragrance as I don't find the smell that pungent. 

Overall I love the colour it is a bit darker than I would have liked but the beauty of this is that over time I will get the colour I want as it fades. I've always been against sun beds due to the health implication connected with it so this was the next best thing without damaging my skin and it's pretty good, really even and not streaky at all. I will come back and add on how long it lasted and what I did to stretch my tan.

Hope this was helpful and if you have any question about spray tanning ask below! X

Comments

Popular Posts