Skip to main content

Featured

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer

So this blog post is long overdue! RIHANNA! You have killed it, when it comes to this lipgloss!  Fenty Glossbomb lipgloss  I literally only wear this lipgloss! Such a gorgeous shade whether its over your natural lip colour, or on top of your favourite lipstick!  You literally can not go wrong with this lipgloss, I've bought this three times already it's that good! It's not sticky, it stays on, I don't find my lips are dry after using. It's super glossy and doesn't give you that 'I've just been eating greasy fried chicken' sheen, it's really lovely on nearly every lip shade I've witnessed this on. Not only is it a great product but it retails at £14.45 which is fantastic as you get a really good volume of product which is long lasting. I'm also a huge fan of the large doe foot applicator, which helps apply just the right amount of gloss to your lips. If you are yet to try this product out, do yourself a favour and get it now, you

Skin - Breaking out *screams*

A couple of years ago I was told by my Doctor that I had mild Acne. Having visited loads of times with  a recurring spotty face requesting creams and antibiotics, I finally got an answer to my problem. At that point my skin was at the worst it had ever been, my problem area mainly being my cheeks and I had a lot of noticeable dark scarring. I think a lot of it was bought about during the end of my stressful final year of University and it just got worse from there, to the point that I was really upset at my appearance without makeup.

Since then I've tried the Hydrocortisone cream (1%), Duac and Yasmin (A Contraceptive pill). Yasmin worked the best. I used this for 6 months and the difference in my skin was great; less spots and reduced scarring, which was noticeable to me, friends and family.

When it was time to renew my medication I decided not to continue with it and see how my skin would cope. For quite a long period of time my skin behaved similarly to when I was on Yasmin and its only now (it think its been a 1 year and a bit) that I've started to break out a lot more. The reason I decided to come off Yasmin, was because I didn't like the idea of being on a contraceptive pill when I didn't really need to be, and I think I probably freaked myself out from reading all the horror stories online. I also don't like the idea of taking tablets. I try my best to avoid taking medication, and try alternatives to drugs.

Since my Yasmin days I've also noticed that my skin is a lot more oilier than its ever been, and I'm judging that from actually noticing that my face is really oily, something I've never noticed before. Even if I don't put any makeup on my face half way through the day my face feels really oily, so much so that I have to re wash my face again.

I'm currently thinking of my next skin regime to try out, my main reason for this random post was because I was just thinking about how my skin has been breaking out quite consistently recently. I tried Turmeric powder face masks this year which I feel actually really work at reducing the redness and spots on my face. Click on the link for the blog post on that mask!

Do you have any skin tips/regimes you use for oily, mild acne prone skin? What have you tried I'd love to know!

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

Popular Posts