Skip to main content

Featured

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer

So this blog post is long overdue! RIHANNA! You have killed it, when it comes to this lipgloss!  Fenty Glossbomb lipgloss  I literally only wear this lipgloss! Such a gorgeous shade whether its over your natural lip colour, or on top of your favourite lipstick!  You literally can not go wrong with this lipgloss, I've bought this three times already it's that good! It's not sticky, it stays on, I don't find my lips are dry after using. It's super glossy and doesn't give you that 'I've just been eating greasy fried chicken' sheen, it's really lovely on nearly every lip shade I've witnessed this on. Not only is it a great product but it retails at £14.45 which is fantastic as you get a really good volume of product which is long lasting. I'm also a huge fan of the large doe foot applicator, which helps apply just the right amount of gloss to your lips. If you are yet to try this product out, do yourself a favour and get it now, you

First Birchbox Beauty Box!






































I'd heard a lot about Birchbox and after a great deal of umming and ahhing I decided to sign up and try it out for the month of June.


I actually ordered it literally 20 minutes into July Haha! and received it on the 4th of July. July's theme was inspired from the world cup. Not being a big fan of football this wasn't a huge excitement for me however I really liked how they incorporated this big event, subtly into the box.

To those who haven't heard of beauty boxes such as Birchbox here's a quick breakdown of what they are. Beauty boxes are a nifty way of trying out new products be it; makeup, nail varnish, facial creams to hair and bath products. You sign up and every month you receive up to 5 samples or full sized products (as far as I know) to try out. Its a great way to introduce new products into your daily routine and test products; some of which are quite expensive before you take that plunge and purchase it.

With Birchbox you fill out a beauty profile to help tailor the box to your preferences, from the products they have available to sample.

Below are some snaps of my opened Birchbox, I've removed the outer cardboard box which was lovely and pink!



I quite like the box it comes in not too fussy and a good sturdy material. I think the little green bag is also really cute and a great way to keep the products tucked away, it could even be used as a makeup bag i'd say. Anyway, enough about the packaging and down to the samples.

I received 5 products all sample sized :(, and a little added gift.




The first thing I looked at was the 'Jane Iredale, Just Kissed Lip & Cheek Stain'. My first thoughts were how incredibly cute a sample this was, with quite a reasonable amount of product in. I got this in the shade 'FOREVER PINK'. It has a pleasant smell and smooth application, which felt very moisturizing and nourishing on the lips. I've recently been suffering with easily drying lips, for a long time now so this was much welcomed. Its very sheer when you put it on the lips but after a few minutes the colour changes to a nice natural pink colour, not too much just a hint of colour so great for everyday wear. I am yet to try this on my cheeks as it feels quite oily and I'm worried it could break me out.


The second item in my box was the 'Caudalie Paris, Vinoperfect Broad Spectrum SPF15 Day Perfecting Fluid'. Its a lightly frangranced, sort of floral smelling cream. I really didn't like this facial cream as although the scent was pleasant it lingered on my hands for the whole day and became quite pungent. I found that it really stung my eyes (it does say on the outside 'avoid contours of the eyes') and I found it to be slightly sticky on the face after a while although initially it went on quite smooth like a primer would. I'd also note that it sort of bought me out into a slight rash on my lower face which I definitely didn't like. Would I buy it? Probably not.


Inside the little cardboard box shown in the picture above was this little gem;


OPI Brazil Collection in the shade 'Kiss Me I'm A Brazilian'. This wasn't your normal full sized Nail polish (15ml) but the mini size (3.75ml). I am in love with this colour. I'm already a big fan of pink toned nail polishes and this shade is perfect, it really compliments my skin tone. I think it looks nice on the nail, and its not streaky with a finish as good as when you go to the salon. The wear is better than other high street brands such as Barry M, which I have loads of in terms of chipping. I'd definitely look into buying more of the OPI nail varnishes.


The last two products were the 'Silk & Honey, Shea Butter Hair Mask' and the 'Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil'.



I found that the Shea Butter Hair mask, felt very thick and waxy in my hair almost like the consistency of natural Shea butter itself. It was a thick, white cream like substance. I didn't particularly like how it felt in my hair; it was sort of greasy and I didn't feel as though my hair was clean after rinsing it out. I went on to condition my hair afterwards like normal, as it didn't in anyway detangle or soften my hair, which I would expect from a mask. After conditioning the difference in texture of my hair was definitely noticeable a lot softer and manageable. It says on the front of the tub that it can be used for all hair types, my hair is texturised and I wouldn't recommend this product to other people with texturised hair.

I used the Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil, in the bath opposed to the shower, I poured all of it into the bath water as instructed. Instantly there was a strong lavender aroma. I'm not a big fan of Lavender scents but this wasn't too bad. I did notice the oil coating my skin whilst still in the bath water and once out of the bath my skin was soft and not dry at all I deliberately didn't cream to see the affects after a couple of hours and I honestly didn't have any dry areas. This oil didn't make me feel sleepy though as others have suggested it does.


I also got one of these cute, Brazil flag coloured, flip flop keying. Its not something I would buy, but a nice addition I guess.

Overall my thoughts on my first Birchbox was that I was very disappointed. Looking at the list of products I could have had there were many others I would have preferred to have received, for example the beauty blender, Liz Earle and the Laura Mercier Products. All of the samples I received were of a sample size some really tiny and I'd probably only purchase one out of the 5 products that being the OPI nail varnish. Having said that I did purchase my Birchbox technically after June and I'm guessing all the good items were shipped to the subscribers earlier on in the month.

My Total Birchbox was £10 as I found a coupon which deducted shipping which was great. The OPI nail varnish alone has a retail value of £11.95 for the full size, however I wouldn't say my Birchbox for the month of June was great value for money. Having said this I think I will still subscribe again and try out another box, as I do really like the idea of beauty boxes.



What were your thoughts on the June Birchbox?




Thank you for reading, I hope this was helpful.

Comments

Popular Posts