Skip to main content

Featured

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer

So this blog post is long overdue! RIHANNA! You have killed it, when it comes to this lipgloss!  Fenty Glossbomb lipgloss  I literally only wear this lipgloss! Such a gorgeous shade whether its over your natural lip colour, or on top of your favourite lipstick!  You literally can not go wrong with this lipgloss, I've bought this three times already it's that good! It's not sticky, it stays on, I don't find my lips are dry after using. It's super glossy and doesn't give you that 'I've just been eating greasy fried chicken' sheen, it's really lovely on nearly every lip shade I've witnessed this on. Not only is it a great product but it retails at £14.45 which is fantastic as you get a really good volume of product which is long lasting. I'm also a huge fan of the large doe foot applicator, which helps apply just the right amount of gloss to your lips. If you are yet to try this product out, do yourself a favour and get it now, you

Hairy arms? But don't want to shave or wax?

Do you have hairy arms? With dark coloured hairs?  



I do, for a long time when I was younger this really used to bother me, warm summer days and I'd wear a long sleeved top or cardigan to cover them up even though I'd be roasting. 

I eventually grew out of that phase and really didn't care if my arms were hairy or not and that's the way it should be, but I always wondered what it'd be like if the hair wasn't there.

I really didn't want to shave it off for fear of prickly arms (can you imagine) or darker, thicker hair growth. But I always thought hairless arms looked so nice in my eyes more feminine.

I was speaking with my cousins then girlfriend and as I was admiring her arms (ha sounds so strange, I'm sure there was a reason for this) she mentioned to me that she used a hair lightening cream from Boots on them so that they appear less hairy.

I knew straight away this was what I wanted to do, the answer to my hairy arm situation.

So along to Boots I went and bought the Boots own hair lightening cream. Its called 'Hair Lightener' from the Smooth Care range. Its meant to lighten excess dark hair and is quick safe and easy to use all of which I agree with. 


I really love this product, I only use it on my arms but it can be used on other body hair such as facial hair. It's just like lightening the hair on you head but just on your arms.

Inside each pack is a :
- 50ml hair lightener cream
- 50ml accelerator cream
- 1 spatula 
- 1 mixing receptacle (mini bowl)


Its as simple as mixing equal parts of the hair lightening cream with the accelerator cream. These both come in squeezy tubes so its easy to measure out. Once mixed apply the cream using the spatula to the hair within the next 30 minutes.

Before applying the cream the area you wish to apply the cream needs to be washed with soap and cold water and pay dry! It is important to use cold water and to pat dry in order to not irritate the area where you'll be applying the cream.

After 10 minutes you should see a colour change in the hairs, you check this from a small area first before removing it all using warm water. If you don't see a colour change you can reapply the cream to that area and leave for a further 5 minutes. 

After rinsing pay the area dry. If your hair is very dark or course you may need another application but this can only be done at least 24 hours after the first application. 

I only ever need one application. The only thing I don't like about this product is that it has a strong smell I always open the windows when doing this. I usually don't need to do this for a really long time once initially done I'd say I do this 2-3 times a year so as you can imagine the product lasts a long time.

This is a before I used the hair lightening cream, it was a really bright day so my hairs don't look as dark.

After: the blond hairs make my arms look considerably less hairy.
I don't have many pictures unfortunately as I didn't take any, and I wouldn't want to waste product but the next time I lighten my arm hairs I'll add more photo's.

Let me know if you try it and what you think!

Comments

  1. I have a chalky white complexion and thick dark hair- this may seem like a greater reason TO shave, but in fact my dark hair is probably the only physical attribute I inherited from my mother's Panamanian side

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, when I was younger the hair on my arm did bother me as a lot of people would comment on it in a negative way and it made me feel very conscious about it, to the point in the summer I would never show my arms even if I was really hot. However as I've gotten older I've learnt to embrace my arm hairs and I no longer lighten the hair, they don't bother me now at all even if people do still comment about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts